top of page


Yarm & Eaglescliffe 4-3 Newcastle Blue Star (18/11/2023)

A drama-filled week ended in defeat for Blue Star, as they were beaten 4-3 by Yarm & Eaglescliffe in dramatic fashion.

Leading three goals to nil heading into the final stages of the game, Blue Star collapsed – conceding three goals in six minutes, to hand Yarm the three points.

Heading into the game, Blue Star would be without a number of key players due to the recent departure of manager Brian Smith. Yarm meanwhile entered the fixture full of confidence sat sixth in their debut Northern League season.

The early stages of the game saw neither side take control, but as the minutes wore on Blue Star started to grow into the game – taking the lead in the 36th minute. Euan Anderson would be the player to get his side in front, heading home after a flick-on from Ben Harmison.

Anderson’s goal meant ‘The Star’ headed into the half-time break ahead on the scoresheet, 1-0.

Blue Star carried their momentum into the second half, doubling their lead in the 53rd minute, thanks to a calm left-footed finish from Paul Robinson.

‘The Star’ would not stop there, however, adding a third in the 65th minute through Nelson Ogbewe, who slotted home from close range.

Yarm though, would fire back just a minute later – with their number seven scoring a beautiful free-kick from just outside the box.

Just as the game seemed as if it would peter out for a Blue Star win, Yarm got themselves back into the game, scoring a second in the 87th minute – with their number ten tapping home a rebound.

The home side would then throw everything forward in search of an equaliser and in the 89th minute, they would get the goal they craved – with their number seven heading home for his second of the game.

Not satisfied with a point, Yarm would continue to push forward and score a dramatic winner in the 93rd minute – with their number five bundling the ball into the back of the net after a slip from goalkeeper Callum Dobson.

The referee would soon then blow the whistle and confirm Yarm as 4-3 winners, much to the delight of the ecstatic home supporters.


bottom of page